For some reason, there’s a bunch of stuff going on today. If you haven’t got your day planned out, here’s some suggestions:
- Get a free donut at Krispy Kreme. It’s Talk Like a Pirate Day!. (Dress like a pirate for a free dozen!)
- There’s a bunch of street festivals going on, including the King Street Art Festival in Old Town Alexandria. (10 am – 7 pm)
- There’s also the KORUS Festival in the Outside Plaza at Tysons Corner Center, with concerts, events, and local Korean vendors. (11ish to 8ish)
- The National Building Museum is having their Big Build today. (10 am – 4 pm)
- Nearby, the Koshland Science Museum is having a STEM Game Community Event. (10 am – 4 pm)
- Update: I forgot! It’s also National Observe the Moon Night
I’ve already pre-registered for the ImaginAsia Desert Naturescapes workshop at the Freer Sackler Gallery, so we’ll probably do some of the stuff in DC; otherwise, I would pay my respects at the memorial to Ann Van Deusen. She was an incredible librarian and such an indelible part of the Burgundy community.