I feel like I’ve been screwing around all summer long, and now I’m scrambling to get things done. Come November (when the baby’s due), how am I not going to fall apart? I keep hearing in my head the voices of all my newborn-wizened friends ominously moaning about the hell week right out of the gate. Caleigh’s dad told me how he went from a daily intake of 2-3 cups to 7-8 of coffee. Restless Legs Syndrome, here I come.
Here’s a list of things I ought to do before summer’s end:
- revise Dana’s personal statement
- start planning Dana’s baby shower
- sign up for parenting classes
- go over my health insurance policy
- make lullaby mix tapes
- learn baby sign language
- read parenting books
- sign up for a baby registry
- buy baby furniture and set up the nursery
- put up pegboard in garage
- Check to see if the Ung Drill frame is available at Ikea
- read Robert McKee’s Story
- read Marco Polo book
- read Rafe Esquith’s Teach Like Your Hair’s On Fire
- finish Great Expectations
- figure out what to do for the Robotics club and literary magazine
- write my Yearly Reflection
Oh, yeah — and prep for the school year.
Okay, I’m freaking out here. Breathe. Breathe.
Looks like there’s a couple meetups coming up this week as well:
NE Philly Bloggers Meetup
Chickie & Pete Cafe
11000 Roosevelt Blvd
Philadelphia, PA 19116
Thursday, Aug 16 @ 7:00
Philadelphia Bloggers Meetup
Ten Stone Bar & Restaurant
2063 South St
Philadelphia , PA 19146
Saturday, Aug. 18 @ 3:00
Sorry, guys, if I seem a little distracted. I’ll have a lot of things on my mind.