So I just got a notice that my Make subscription is about to end. I’m going to miss it. Make deserves all the hoopla it’s getting; it’s a truly unique magazine that whose archives will be cherished by generations to come. It is our generation’s Popular Magazine, and in some respects, Sears Catalog.
Anyhoo, I thought I’d take this occasion to list the magazines I wish I could afford (in time and money) to read and receive regularly:
- Zoetrope All-Story: Artsy but accessible short story magazine.
- The Believer: Reviving the art of the essay. Also whimsical but substantial interviews with interesting cultural representatives.
- Education Next: Education policies, pedagogies, and reform. Not only opinion, but research articles as well.
- Harvard Business Review: I find there to be considerable overlap between teaching and managing.
- Fast Company: More effusive than HBR: both good and bad.
- Wired: Speaking of trend-spotting. Excites the geek in me.
- Make: My inner wannabe geek and punk embrace and jump around in joy.
Oh, there’s others: New Yorker, Harper’s Review, etc. but I’m usually content reading their stuff online in small doses.
I won’t update this post, but here.
Any others you’d recommend? (Hint: I LOVE getting comments on posts. 😉 Except from spammers. :evil:)
magazine, want, education, business, technology, language arts, literature, make